Instagram just released a new update called “Instagram Stories”. Similar to the Story feature on Snapchat, Instagram now allows you to post photos and videos that are visible for only 24 hours in a separate bar above your feed. The Instagram CEO stated that they made the Stories update to show all the “in-between” moments from each Instagram post.
Here are the major similarities between the Instagram Stories and Snapchat Stories:
- You can use emojis, filters, text and colors on both platforms to enhance your Story.
- People can reply to your Stories on both platforms and the comments go into Instagram Direct, or a private conversation on Snapchat.
- You can see who has viewed your story.
While this may seem to be an exact copy of Snapchat’s Stories, the two are still different social media platforms which means there are a few major differences:
- You can view someone’s Instagram story if you don’t follow them – as long as their profile is public.
- You can pause in the middle of the story (just press down on the screen!) or go back to a story you just saw (swipe to the left!).
- You can post photos and videos from your Instagram story directly to your profile.
Here’s a quick visual summary…happy posting!
We know Social Driver will be using this new feature, so be on the lookout for our Instagram Stories!
Interested in learning how you can leverage Snapchat and Instagram for your brand? Send us a quick message!
Options: Facbeook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest...