Project Manager, Web and Mobile Development
Social Driver, a fast growing digital agency in Washington, DC, is looking for an outstanding project manager with technical experience. We're looking for someone that can take our clients' campaigns to the next level with insanely creative solutions. You will work directly with Thomas Sanchez (Founder, CTO) and Anthony Shop (Managing Director) on our largest client projects.
- You love working directly with clients because you get the opportunity to learn about new businesses and industries. For your client to be successful, you constantly strive to become an expert in their field. You use creative research methods to learn and document those insights.
- You run the show. You work directly with the client to conceive new solutions and solve real business problems. Simultaneously, you work with the Social Driver project team of designs, developers, and content experts to make sure we complete the solution on-time, in-budget, and above the expectations of the client.
- You have managed web projects (and, maybe, mobile projects too) from small sites to complex, custom developed apps. You can point to something and say, "I made that happen."
- You are passionate about process but you dislike just checking boxes and taking orders. You like working on projects, and with clients, that need project managers who are inventive, curious, and insightful. You are a dreamer with big ideas, but you're also detail-oriented. You can understand and articulate complex ideas using workflows, use cases, sitemaps and wireframes.
- You love technology but you don't sound like a robot. You can translate geek-talk to client-ready communications. You can explain to a marketing department why WordPress might be a better fit than Drupal, or vice versa. You are passionate about technology and design. You understand trends in design patterns. You have strong opinions and insights and can clearly communicate those with the project team and the client.
- You are ready to make a difference. You believe that technology lets people do more good in the world and you're ready to join a team of optimists.
Desired Skills & Experience
The following skills are required:
- Understand all aspects of creating technical solution for a technical project including logic, user interface, data, networking, QA, and documentation
- Ability to understand and analyze complex data and know how to organize it effectively
- A deep knowledge of web technologies, how they are used, and what lies ahead
- Client management skills including management of expectations, risk, scope, budget, resources, and communications
- Ability to create concise, plain language documentation of requirements to be understood by both techies and non-techies
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and project management software
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Relevant Experience
- 3-7 years of experience, with at least 3 years of business analysis or software/technical consulting experience
The following skills are a plus:
- Web Development experience
- Business Intelligence experience
- Design experience
- Graduate Degree in Business, Design or Technology
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Business Analysis
- Lead interaction with multiple clients to shape digital business strategy, requirements, design, and specifications
- Analyze technical issues and blocking factors to design and document solutions
- Convey client requirements and context to developers & designers
- Project Management
- Manage resources against a schedule accommodating risk, status, and necessary dependencies
- Track and report on project status to internal management and to clients
- Client Management
- Provide periodic written and verbal status updates
- Effectively manage client expectations with regards to budget, scope, and timing
How to Apply?
Interested? Great! Send us your resume or cover letter but also include something extra; show us what kind of work you'd actually be able to produce on the job. Be creative. Show us what you are all about. Any efforts are welcome, including, but not limited to:
- Tell us how and give us examples of how you've helped a client use technology to grow their mission instead of just doing what you were told.
- Tell us a little about your project management philosophy and provide an example or two about how your approach added value to a project. Feel free to include example documentation such as timelines, PowerPoints, wireframes, etc.
- Tell us if you're a starter. Have you ever started a business, club, non-profit? Have you ever organized your neighbors for a cause? Even if as a kid, we'd love to know about it.
Please email your (fascinating) resume and any files or links to Jobs@socialdriver.com with the phrase "Project Manager" somewhere in the subject line. Engaging cover letters are a must and any twitter-based efforts should include @SocialDriver in the tweet.
This job is based in Washington, DC.
Back to Careers